Our New Year's Resolution: A Better Future for Our Children
For many of us, the holiday season is about giving and the good feelings we share when we do something for others. We hope you will keep DC Action on your giving list this year.
Across D.C., too many young children and youth are suffering from the effects of the deep recession – and they need our help. Your support over the last year has been essential – and we are so grateful to you for your dedication to this important work. Our work is not only about that incredible feeling that collective activism gives -- it is about making a difference.
I would like to share how your donation has improved the lives of children this past year:
• DC Action worked with the Office of State Superintendent of Education and Councilmember Brown’s office to ensure that nearly 100 children and their families would not lose critical family child care overnight.
• DC Action partnered with DC Public Schools to launch blended Head Start/Pre-K classrooms, nearly doubling the number of children receiving comprehensive early care and education.
As government and foundations continue to decrease their community investments, DC Action for Children is more reliant than ever on the generosity of friends like you. Please make an end of year, tax-deductible donation to continue to ensure the voices of our children are heard in the halls of the Wilson Building where they are desperately needed.
Your donation of:
• $25 gives D.C.’s youngest citizens a voice via social media and in the democratic process.
• $50 helps produce and distribute reports and analysis on the status of children, youth and their families.
• $100 provides technical assistance to direct service programs.
• $250 supports legislative and budget advocacy on behalf of those who cannot speak up for themselves.
• $500 brings quality research and evaluation into the policy decision making process.
Thank you again for supporting DC Action for Children. As this year comes to a close, we are counting on you to grow our impact in 2012.
You can either donate online at this link or mail us a check to 1432 K Street, NW Suite 1050, Washington, DC 20005.
Thank you for your continued support to help us accomplish our work to ensure D.C. is a city that cares for our children! Best wishes for a wonderful holiday season to you and your family.
HyeSook Chung and the entire DC Action team!