What Are We Thankful For?
As the holidays near, we come together to reflect on what we have to be thankful for. Thinking about DC children, here are our TOP 10 things that we at DC Action are especially grateful for:
We’re thankful that…
1. 118,000 children under 18 call DC home.
2. Many district agencies are working together to support early care and education partners serving infants and toddlers through the Quality Improvement Network (QIN).
3. 98% of DC children have health care coverage, one of the highest rates in the nation.
5. Dedicated local organizations are focused on providing home visits to families with young children.
6. Innovative programs like the QIN are working with 22 early care and education providers serving over 440 kids in 6 Wards throughout the District.
7. The five Collaboratives in DC are working tirelessly with families and community partners to prevent child abuse and neglect.
8. Members of the DC Home Visiting Council are committed to making home visiting an impactful and sustainable family support strategy in the District.
9. DC is home to 43,352 children under the age of 5 – the fastest growing group in DC.
10. Innovative city leaders are making sure that all #DCKIDSCOUNT!